Laminated veneer lumber (LVL) is an engineered wood product that uses multiple layers of thin wood assembled with adhesives. It is typically used for headers, beams, rim board, and edge-forming material.
LVL offers several advantages over typical milled lumber:
- Made in a factory, LVL is produced under controlled specifications
- It is stronger, straighter, and more uniform.
- Due to its composite nature, LVL is much less likely to warp, twist, or shrink.
- It doesn’t have the imperfections of milled lumber such as knots and bowing.
- LVL is dimensionally stable and the size is completely customizable.
- LVL components can be engineered to the customers specifications.
LVL is a versatile product that can be used in a variety of industries. MJB currently services the door, cabinet and RV industries with laminated veneer lumber products. You can order your LVL components to yield 100%, which can help to reduce time and labor costs and also reduce lost product.